Please check back soon for the 2021 application.
The Mid-Cities (TX) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated, gives scholarships and awards annually to graduating high school female seniors of African heritage who exemplify academic excellence and exhibit leadership potential. Academic scholarships have been awarded to graduating high school seniors for nearly 30 years. Qualifying students must have outstanding academic accomplishments and plans to pursue higher education at an accredited 4 year college or university.
- Graduating African-American female majoring in science, technology, engineering or mathematics in Arlington ISD, Grand Prairie ISD or Irving ISD.
- Demonstrated financial need and academic merit
- Must have good moral character and a record of service to the school or community
- Must use scholarship money at a four-year institution of higher learning
- Must agree to give committee biannual follow-up
- Complete application (incomplete application will not be considered)
- Official transcript of high school grades
- Picture of student
- One letter of recommendation from academic instructor or a community service recommendation indicating 4 or more consecutive months of volunteer work or paid employment
- SAT or ACT Scores
To Maintain Scholarship
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be in good standing with school (may not be on academic or social probation)
- Must send grades to Scholarship Chair each semester
Method of Distribution
The student will be rewarded upon verification of college enrollment. Funds are forfeited if recipient quits school or is placed on scholastic or social probation.
Method of Selection
Applications will be screened by Scholarship Committee.