Services to Youth
- Established the Sallye Moore Scholarship Fund, awarding four‐year College Scholarships to graduating seniors
- Collaborated with UTA to develop and host a Standardized Test Readiness Seminar for High School Students.
- Annual programs and contributions to Boys and Girls Clubs in Arlington and Grand Prairie
- Donated and installed a computer lab at Boys and Girls Clubs of Grand Prairie
- Funded Big Brothers and Big Sisters Affiliate team building outings
- Facilitated and funded Project LEAD: High Expectations to drive engagement and excellence in targeted students
- Organized and facilitated “Circles” a mentoring program for girls ages 10‐12
- “The Elements of Chemistry Club (EC²)” – a weekly after school session building deeper kowledge and an understanding of how chemistry principles are applied at work
- The Mid-Cities (TX) Chapter of The Links, Inc. conducted a four week STEM Enrichment Summer Camp at four middle schools within the Irving Independent School District. In recognition for the successful STEM Camp, The Texas Association of Partners in Education (TAPE), chose the chapter as the recipient of the prestigious TAPE Gold Award in the Community Partnership STEM category. The award distinguishes the chapter as a leader in developing innovative educational partnerships.
- 2014 Sponsor of the Arlington Museum of Art Ansel Adams Exhibit
- 2013 Sponsor of the Arlington Museum of Art Harlem Renaissance Celebration of Culture
- 2013 Sponsor of the Arlington Museum of Art William H. Johnson Smithsonian Exhibition
- Hosted evening with the Boys Choir of Harlem (included pre‐event discussion and performance)
- Sponsored evening at the Opera for “Circles” Girls increasing exposure to performance arts
- Attended Book Signings at local African American Bookstore for “Circles” Girls to encourage reading.
- Hosted an evening with Painter/Artist Jacob Lawrence increasing exposure to the visual arts
National Trends & Services
- Senior Citizens Prescription Assistance Funding at Irving Cares to cover cost of mediations for low-income individuals.
- Health Fair with Free Mammogram Screening
- Tarrant County Immunization/Collaboration – “Shots Across Texas”
- Tarrant County AIDS Outreach Center “Camp Firelight”
- Collaborated with and provided financial assistance to New Tomorrows/Brighter Tomorrows Women Shelters
- Funded, in collaboration with North Texas Chapters national project, Education Across the Miles, to build schools in South Africa
- Organized fundraiser for The Uganda Children’s Orphanage and coordinated event with two local churches raising over $19,500
- Provided aid and support for Links, Inc. partners in Africa:
- Rwanda/Liberia Schools‐in‐a‐Box
- Black Dolls for Children of South Africa
International Trends & Service
Health & Human Services